It’s the Holiday Season, which means everything from gift wrapping to dinner parties. Spend this busy time creating joyful memories with the ones you love the most instead of worrying about what to bring to Christmas dinner. Here at The Blind & Shutter Gallery we have some Christmas recipes we would love to share with you to make your stress-free holidays a little more merry and bright!
(via Southern Living)
This simple yet ravishing recipe will have your guests impressed and you’ll have more time to spend with them!
1/3 cup cherry preserves
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 (8-oz.) Brie round, rind removed from top
Chopped toasted pecans
Crackers, for serving
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. To warm brie, place Brie round on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper, place in oven for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese begins to ooze but has not yet melted. Chop Pecans, place them on a sheet pan in an even layer and bake for 5 minutes or until they become aromatic.
• Stir together cherry preserves, balsamic vinegar, pepper, and salt in a bowl. Drizzle over warm Brie round. Top with pecans.
• Serve with crackers.
(via The Food Network)
A take on a Christmas Classic, this ham will be an absolute crowd pleaser!
1 spiral-sliced half ham
1 cup fig jam
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
Grated zest of 1 orange
1/3 cup fresh orange juice
• Preheat the oven as directed on the ham package and follow the instructions for baking the ham. Remove the ham from the oven about 30 minutes before the end of the warming time.
• Meanwhile, combine the jam, mustard, and orange zest and juice in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, just until the jam melts (do not boil). Spoon half of the glaze over the ham and bake for the remaining 30 minutes.
• Remove the ham from the oven and spoon the remaining glaze on top. Transfer to a cutting board and carve.
(via Good Housekeeping)
Best served in a copper mug surrounded by good company!
1/2 oz simple syrup
1/2 oz unsweetened cranberry juice
1 1/2 oz gin or vodka
2 oz chilled ginger beer
1 rosemary sprig, orange slice, and sugared cranberries; for garnish
Combine simple syrup, cranberry juice, and gin. Pour over ice and top with ginger beer. Serve garnished with rosemary, orange wedge and sugared cranberries, if desired.
(via Martha Stewart)
This is a favorite dessert for all ages! Best served next to a roaring fire and miniature marshmallows.
9 cups whole milk
1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
15 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (3 cups)
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Garnish: whipped cream
Warm milk in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add sugar, and whisk until dissolved. Add chocolate, and whisk until melted. Heat until slightly thick, about 5 minutes. Whisk in nutmeg.
Garnish with whipped cream.
From our family here at The Blind & Shutter Gallery to yours at home, we wish you a very Happy Holiday Season and an even happier New Year!